When someone is going through a hard time, it's important to offer empathy, support, and encouragement.
Reach out via text, phone call, email, Instagram DM, or your method of choice! Here are some thought-starters to help make the first move:
- "I'm here for you." Let them know that you're available to listen, offer support, or help in any way you can.
- "I'm sorry you're going through this." Acknowledge their pain and let them know that you understand that what they're going through is difficult.
- "Is there anything I can do to help?" Offer specific ways in which you can offer assistance, such as running errands, making a meal, or simply spending time with them.
- "You're not alone." Remind them that they have people who care about them and that they don't have to go through this alone.
- "This must be really hard for you." Show empathy and understanding for their situation.
- "I believe in you." Offer words of encouragement and remind them that they have the strength and resilience to get through this difficult time.
- "Take all the time you need." Let them know that it's okay to take the time they need to heal and process their emotions.
- "I'll check in again later this week." Let them know you're not just reaching out once - that they have you in their corner through and through.
Remember to listen actively, validate their feelings, and be patient and compassionate as they navigate through their difficult time.